Municipal Bond Analyst
Seeking municipal bond analyst to research, arrange and hold responsibility for short-term (2-5 year) municipal bond purchases as supportive element in the management of separately managed balanced portfolios for the benefit of individuals, trusts and estates in the setting of a NYC independent registered investment advisory firm that primarily pursues a common stock led investment strategy in working with about $1.3 billion of client assets under management (mostly in stocks) that are held at Schwab and other custodians.
· Provide municipal bond credit research
· Develop brief descriptive summaries for new bond purchases
· Oversee municipal bond security data in APX portfolio management system
· Review in ongoing fashion municipal bond holdings
· Participate in weekly research meeting
· Minimum 4 years of municipal bond credit research experience required
· Understanding of prevailing municipal bond credit market conditions
· Specific understanding of purchased credits
· Bond trading experience helpful, but not required
Grandfield & Dodd is an independently owned eleven-person firm that provides customized investment counsel services to individuals, families, and trusts. We believe that wealth is best guarded over time through equity ownership. In certain client situations, we see carefully selected, short term and strong quality bonds as providing a source of stability to counterbalance the inherent volatility of stocks and address near term client cash needs.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org